Thursday, June 21, 2018

What's on my needles



After finishing my sister's top, Cancun Boxy Lace Top by Erin Kate Archer



and my skirt, #12 skirt by Norah Gaughan




and before starting my Novel-T top; Novel-T by Laura Nelkin  (there is a KAL by the Grocery Girls for this)


The correct gauge for rows is very important for this sideways knit top

and another pair of socks for Tony; FLK Heel by Sox Therapist and Fascine Braid Socks by Tiennie


Tony picked out the raspberry color; raspberry being one of his favorite fruits


I worked up a quick project in-between :  Ammonite Potholders by Sybil R



The designer, Susanne or Sybilra on ravelry, is using short rows and intarsia to come up with the image of a lovely Ammonite.    



Right off I could see that quite a bit of math was used here and this is what Sybilra said in a pm " Ja, diese Anleitung ist mathematisch/algorithmisch. Ich war kurz davor, die Anleitung auch noch in einer Art Programmiersprache (“Pseudo-Code”) zu schreiben - habe es aber dann doch nicht getan, weil es eher verwirrt …    "
Translation: " Yes, the instruction is very mathematical/ algorism.  I intended to write the instructions in a sort of program code (pseudo-Code)- but didn't in the end, because it would have been too confusing.." 

Not to worry, her patterns and blog are mostly in English.

She has a blog " Knitting and so on" which I checked out and which is a treasure trove of unusual designs; and except for a few they are free!  They go from potholders to fingerless mitts to sweaters. You can get lost checking out everything and from what I can tell, the patterns are written out clearly and easy to follow.
Here is a link to her ravelry store with its 132 (!) designs: Sybilra's ravelry store

One bonus to me:  She lives not far from my hometown, Duesseldorf in Germany.  Next time I go over there, we may just get together for a cup of coffee and some knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment