Friday, January 10, 2014

What I have been up to knitwise

You can now find me on Facebook !

It seems ages since my last post, so let's catch up :)

Last month I knitted up a storm at home getting some gifts ready.
     I finished knitting a pair of socks for my husband (Toe-up Socks by Anne Berk),
knitted a pair of socks for my son Gerry (with the nice yarn I got at the OBX) I combined two patterns: Basic socks a la Jeanne and afterthought heel, a hat for his wife (Kilter by Alexandra Tinsley), a golf-club cover for Richard loosely based on the pattern Pointy Elf Hat by Joelle Hoverson, a moebius cowl for his friend, and flip top mitts for Matthew combining two patterns : Simply ribbed fingerless mitts and Flip Flop Flip Top mittens . You can click on any of the links for more information on the projects.


At The Knitting Garage in Rhinebeck I also knitted in-between customers, lessons and classes.
I knitted a Christmas Stocking and a beautiful cowl , Cite by Anne Hanson out of a cashmere/ silk blend yarn (You only need one skein).


Since then I crocheted another cowl , Crocheted Moebius Cowl by Churchmouse for the store to show off this beautiful glittery yarn and I started on a scarf/ cowl, "Verse" by Alexandra Tinsley.  This is  a simple knit which can be worn in many ways, very clever.

And I have not been idle at home.  I finally used up a sock yarn I received years ago as a gift knitting a beautiful crescent shaped shawl, Wedgewood by Jen Lucas. I made mittens , Warmest Mittens by Kris Percival for myself and I almost finished a buttery soft shawl by Josephine Scimeca using a beautiful hand-spun Cashmere Yarn we sell at The Knitting Garage and which my husband surprised me with :).























I hope that you, too, are busy with your knitting, letting beautiful yarns glide through your fingers. I hope that you may have gained some inspiration from my post.  
For those of you who live close by and are eagerly awaiting a new class schedule:
Classes will start at the end of this month and I will post a schedule shortly.

Keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment