Many New Years Resolutions contain a list of how we want to better ourselves...take better care of ourselves,
- build stronger bodies with more exercise and a healthier diet,
- be more kind to others and less selfish,
- be less tardy and more on time,
- focus more and be less distracted and so on...
I focus on knitting which in itself is a very tactile activity and decide to
- not sit too much, but knit the next 10 rows only after having taken a walk and keep my hands too busy to reach out for snacks.
- knit more for others , especially charity
- pace myself to have a project finished in the time I decided on even if I make myself work just 1/2 hour a day on a project which turned out to no longer be fun.
- the act of knitting helps greatly with brain function and focus....
I also want to share my list of projects I want to see finished in 2018Here is my queue on ravelry and a list of projects I am about to start more or less in the order I decided on. Of course there are always additional projects: Socks (I always have a pair of socks on my needles), gifts (still have to decide on what when and for whom).
|My queue on ravelry|
|a skirt (I already have one of these and love to wear it)|
|I made this sweater before and could work the pattern in the linen|
|I am not sure if I will make the Ello Vest or something else in this yarn|
|I got this for a KAL. I like the oversized cardigan and the designer.|
|For Tony's next pair of socks.|