Friday, April 4, 2014

What's on my needles (week 11)

Hudson Valley Yarn Crawl

First of all a big thank you to everyone who came to the store during the Hudson Valley Yarn crawl.  Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and only the hardiest crawled. Everyone who did come walked out not only with a goodie bag, but also with some scrumptious yarns.  Our now almost empty clearance bin and shelves can attest to that.  Our clearance bins always have a "WOW" factor as the yarns in there were simply pulled because we run out of space. You can check it out any time.  The sales on the other hand were only for Saturday and Sunday and were a definite draw; come check them out at the next yarn crawl.

Classes

I had a lovely surprise when Judy Reichler e-mailed me that she shared our class schedule at The Knitting Garage with all her contacts.  Here is her e-mail to me and if you click on the link it will take you to her post on her blog:

"I love your blog, and it looks beautiful.  Makes me think I need to update mine.  Anyway, I thought you'd like to see this entry.  I hope you're doing well and that we'll connect again some time.
 
While on her blog check out her classes, too.  She is a wonderful teacher and experienced knitter.

At The Knitting Garage

 

The Venomous Tentacula

This beautiful shawl is almost done especially now that I decrease my rows I am going full steam ahead to the finish line.Who would have thought that this yarn looks so pretty knitted up?  I like the pattern so much that I offer a class to start you on your own Venomous Tentacula.  You will get the pattern, read through and understand the construction of the shawl and learn the different stitches used.  After knitting a few pattern repeats you will go home confidently that this can be finished ready to wear this Spring and Summer.

















At Home

 

Tony's Lucky Socks

I finished Tony's socks and they are wrapped up and waiting for his return from his Mom's (or rather Mum's since she lives in England).  I will then put them on his feet and share pictures next week.
These are two at the time toe up socks.  The three main design points
  • casting on with Judy's magic cast on two at the time
  • FLK Heel construction  and
  • Jenny's surprisingly stretchy bind off (and a few other bind offs)
will be taught by me in a three week series of Saturday morning classes which you can take as individual classes or you can take all three for a 10% discount.

Fortuna Fan's Baby blanket

This simple striped knit while you watch TV blanket (this would be one long compound word in German;) is just about done and ready to go into the mail although the baby is not due until August.  Knitted up in the Cascade Aran weight this is a quick knit and feels beautifully soft.  I am sure the little guy will like it :)
I will have to think about what to cast on next.





No comments:

Post a Comment