Thursday, May 29, 2014

What's on my needles (week 19)

At The Knitting Garage

I am quite partial to lace, so I have to tell you about this stunning shawl Leah Stickle knitted up for the store.  The pattern is called " Shattered Sun Shawl" by Felicia Lo and the yarn Leah used is perfect for this :  Bloom which is 50 % Yak Down and 50% Silk.  You will have to come in to see and touch :)
My class last Saturday on the "Summer Flies" Shawl went well.  Connie, Gerrie and I went over the pattern and I gave some tips and techniques, then we practiced some of the stitches and last but not least Connie and Gerrie started on their own "Summer Flies".  I saw Connie's shawl a couple of days later and it is looking good.  I am sure Gerrie's is looking equally good.  My shawl is just about done (see notes below).

The store sample "Harriet" is coming along nicely.  One piece is finished and I started on the second (identical) piece.

At Home

Tempting II

I finished my "Tempting II"  and it came out really nice.  It wears well, too (I am wearing it today).  For more notes on this check my pattern notes on ravelry : http://ravel.me/Strickliese/ti
If you want to make your own summer T-shirt, come to my class on Saturday, June 28.

Summer Flies

I have one row left to do and then the picot bind-off.  I am sure by next week this shawl will be on my blocking mat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment