Thursday, September 11, 2014

What's on my needles (week 34)

 

At the Knitting Garage

Windsor Mitt

My Windsor Mitt store sample is growing in length :  I finished the 6 1/2 inches, did the thumb gussets and I am now knitting the last few rows for the  hand (but forgot to take pictures). 

And we also have five customers who started their own pairs of Windsor Mitts to keep fashionably warm this winter.  Noreen, Ali, Lauren, Anne-Marie and Chris all took a class with me this last week and I am looking forward to see their progress and finished mitts.  Three out of five came to the conclusion that working in the round on two circular needles rather than four double pointed needles is not only easier, but also faster.

If you want to learn this technique, you may want to come to my next class either this Saturday or next Wednesday:

Boyfriend Watch Cap
One special feature of this pattern is that you can wear the hat either with the cuff up or for a more slouchy look you can wear it with the cuff down.

 
I will be teaching a stretchy cast-on, knitting on a circular needle and three methods of knitting the crown : with 
  • DPN's, 
  • the magic loop and 
  • two circular needles.

At Home

Another Pinwheel Flower Washcloth

 

I quickly knitted up another Pinwheel Spa cloth as a quick gift for a friend in the beautiful Trendsetter Yarn "Lino".  I cannot stress enough that paired with a bar of soap, this makes a great gift.  This is a last minute gift done in a couple of hours.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chevron Lace Tank

The other project I have made progress on is the Chevron Lace Tank.  I am almost at the point where I can divide front and back at the armholes and start the lace pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment