Thursday, December 11, 2014

What's on my needles (week 45)

At The Knitting Garage

Downton Hat

I finished the Downton Hat by Annie Cholewa in the Manos Silk and Trendsetter La Furla.  It came out really nice and turned out to be a super-easy and quick knit.  Remember, the pattern goes from Baby to Adult 2 and is free on ravelry (just click on the link above).



Now I am working on a simple cowl in the SimpliNatural by HiKoo.  This is very yummy yarn, a blend of Alpaca, Merino and Silk.  I am so lucky to have a job which requires me to knit with these yarns :)

Next time you come to the Knitting Garage, check the yarn out for yourself. 
You may also want to check out our new ball winder which makes it even easier for us to wind the skeins of yarn into neat balls; a service we provide for free for any yarns you purchase at The Knitting Garage.
 

Two other fun things to share with you :
  • Dale who took my Market Bag class last summer, just finished the last bag for this season's gift giving.  Aren't they absolutely beautiful?!  Lucky recipients!

  • One of our customers walked in last week wearing a headband she had just finished.  She used my pattern which is a free pattern on ravelry :http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cabled-headband-14 

    At Home

    This winter's trend?

    I received the latest "Cast-on" magazine and found many cowl patterns in this issue using the brioche stitch.  Remember the cowl I designed to go with my "Owl sweater"?  It made me happy to see that unwittingly I managed to be right there setting the trend with the best of them :) 
    see the keywords"cowl" and "brioche"?!

    Here is the link to the pattern I designed: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/owls-c-owl 
    and a picture:

    His and Her àpres-Ski Hats

    I added "after" to the name of these, because I am a strong advocate of wearing helmets when skiing!

    This is a free pattern on ravelry by Erica Kempf:  
    I finally put the pom poms on last night:

    his hat
    her hat is more slouchy and lacy

    Christmas Surprise Socks

    Using the rule of thumb calculations from the Churchmouse Basic socks pattern, I knitted the feet to a length of 8.5 inches and am now ready to shape the toes.

    ready to start on the toes

    Bracelet

    No, this is not knitted, but I still used a needle; a sewing needle! (and beads and Swarovski Crystals).  Just a fun thing to share with you.

    a bracelet; almost finished


     

No comments:

Post a Comment