Friday, February 6, 2015

What's on my needles (week 51)

At The Knitting Garage

The door handle cover on our front door made quite a splash; even non-knitters commented and especially those who opened the door without gloves or mittens were happily surprised.

The front door of AL Stickle in Rhinebeck


I am now back to knitting the Candle Flame Shawl.  I love working with the Nuna Fina :)

At Home

 

Valentine's Garland

 

 I finished making a total of 21 hearts and strung them up with clear fishing line (there is plenty of that around my house). 
I think it came out really sweet:)
Check out the free pattern on ravelry by clicking on the link above (you will need to be logged into ravelry to get to the pattern).








 

 

Aurita

I am trying to be more disciplined with my knitting this year and made a list of projects I want to work on.  I have a bin full of ready-to-go projects with the yarns and patterns matched in zip-lock bags.  I allow myself one project at a time for myself out of that bin and one for someone else. I also have three projects I am working on which have been promised for a long time and I am making myself work one hour a day on those before knitting anything else...
My bin of ready-to-work-on projects



The shawl "Aurita"  has been on my list for a while. 
I like crescent shaped shawls and the first such shawl I made was a Susanna IC design: Annis.
Annis
The pattern for the "Aurita" is easy to remember and I would even say this is a good project to take with you if it wasn't for the beads, but it is the beads which make it special.  Luckily I have plenty of beads from my beading days ;) and I found just the right ones to go with the beautiful Malabrigo Sock yarn I had found in the Clearance bin at Stickles (I tend to grab anything green, my favorite color).  If I had not found that yarn, I would most definitely buy a skein of Madeline Tosh Light or Sock for this project.


Aurita



No comments:

Post a Comment