Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spreading joy (week 58)

Transitions

I am naming my finished Ginkgo Shawl "Transitions" which makes perfect sense to me.  Click on the link to get to the pattern.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Spreading Joy

A quick gift

I didn't want to start on a new project before going to visit my in-laws.  While I am there I am planning to work on my "Easy Folded Poncho" which is a popular pattern by Churchmouse and is just stockinette stitch. It will be easy to chat and visit with everybody while knitting this; no stitches or rows to count and I already bought the yarn last November!!!  I just have to wind it up.


But there are some smaller things I have been wanting to do and I thought this is a good time for them.

I have been wanting to make a quick gift for someone for a while now.  I finally decided on the cabled headband which is one of my own designs and a free pattern to boot (again, click on the link to get to the pattern).  
As this is a gift for someone I don't know too closely, I decided on a yarn which is easy to take care of and can be machine washed.  I checked my stash and found a nice rust colored yarn form England "Robin Double Knit", which my Mother-in -Law had given me a while back and started knitting .... 

I knitted double stranded to get the right weight

....and knitted...
a little over 22 inches; 24 cables total

... and three hours later I was done ...
Kitchener stitch joint
Today I surprised Kelly with the headband which she loves :)


Sometimes it just takes a little effort, a little yarn and a few hours time to brighten someone's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment