Friday, March 6, 2015

What's on my needles (week 55)

At The Knitting Garage

I finished the Candle Flame Shawl
It came out very lovely at a size of 64 inches long and 14 inches wide at the widest point with just one skein of Nuna Fina! 
Right now it is proudly worn by the mannequin in the shop window (yes, the one who wears the sash which says "Kiss me, I am Irish").
You see:  Making this shawl this Spring is easy on your budget and gives you just enough warmth around your neck.  It sure feels good to get away from the heavy winter wear!
Click here for the pattern: Candle Flame Shawl




Building Block Squares

I finished square #1 and I am half way done with square #3 for the shop.  This is a fun project and I am looking forward to the seam it together party in May at the shop.  Think about joining us.  It is not too late to get started as these squares knit up pretty quickly and each one teaches you something :)
For more information click on the link above or stop by at the shop.

Square #1
beginnings of Square #3




At Home

Tony's Birthday socks are finished

I finished these socks in record time (10 days); probably on account that this yarn is a tad thicker and knitted on US #3 needles and I have knitted a lot of socks by now.



Ginkgo Shawl

Remember my road trip last October? 
One of the stops was The Salty Sheep yarn shop in Swansboro, South Carolina, where a shawl above the register caught my eye. I bought the pattern and yarn as my souvenir.The pattern by yellowcosmo is available on ravelry for $4. 
Click here:http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ginkgo-shawl




I think now is a good time to start on it. Winter is almost over and I just love shawls :)...The yarn I am using is Squoosh Fiberarts Ultra Sock 100% Superwash Merino.  I am using the color "Zen", a pretty bluish gray, as the Main Color and "Celeste" as the Contrasting Color.  So far the knitting is indeed very "Zen" as it is a simple stockinette stitch with increases at the beginning and end of each row and with a few purl rows in between. This is just what I need to find my Inner Calm...



 


No comments:

Post a Comment