Thursday, April 2, 2015

Best wishes for Passover and Easter (week 59)

Lavalette Shawl

The latest store sample for The Knitting Garage at Stickle's is this beautiful "Lavalette Shawl".
It is not only a beautiful shawl done up in just one skein of Madeline Tosh Sock yarn on US# 7 needles, but also a relatively quick and easy knit.  If you have never knitted a triangular shawl before, you may want to consider taking my class on Wednesday May 6th or Saturday May 9th.  You will learn the provisional cast-on, the construction of the shawl and two simple lace stitches.


Madeline Tosh Yarn

If there is a specific Madeline Tosh yarn you would like to order for future projects through The Knitting Garage at Stickle's, you need to let us know by May 10th! Leah can still add a few more skeins into the order before it gets processed. Remember that Madeline Tosh orders take rather long to receive since they hand-dye the yarn to order. It is one of my favorite yarns and sometimes hard to come by in the right color and quantity, so make sure to take advantage of this heads-up. 

Have a great month of April

Last but not least I want to wish everyone a good month of knitting and if the weather holds like today perhaps some gardening. It is presently 64 F in Tivoli, NY!!!  
I will be away for the better part of the month visiting family in England with my husband.  As many of you know, this is going to be a bittersweet visit as we had a recent death in the family, but I am glad to be going.
I am looking forward to catch up with everyone when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment