Thursday, December 10, 2015

What's on my needles (week 93)

Featured finished project of this week is my latest store sample:

Baby Sophisticate by Linden Down

This is a seamless raglan constructed cardigan with a shawl collar. 
 
This pattern is free on ravelry for sizes 0-3 months and 6-12 months.  
There is a paid version for sizes up to child size 10 for $6.50.
Here is a link to the free pattern on ravelry: Baby Sophisticate free 
And the paid version (also on ravelry): Baby and Child Sophisticate

I used a heavy worsted weight yarn from Maine :  Peace Fleece Pyho Mnpa 75/25.
This is a 75% Merino, 25% Mohair blend yarn and comes in many lovely colors. I like it especially for an outer garment such as this baby jacket.  You only need one skein for size 6 months to 1 year.
The yarn comes in many beautiful colors and is a steal at $13 per 200yard skein.  I used the color "Blueberry Borsht". 




While knitting this baby jacket, I used one of the beautiful Fringe Bags we sell at the shop. It is constructed in a heavy canvass and has several inside pockets for your notions.  It also has a total of three grommets inside to feed your yarn through.  This is great especially for color work or two-at-a- time work.  I did knit up the sleeves both at the same time pulling yarn from the outside and the inside of the ball as I was not sure if I had enough yarn (I did have enough).  It is like having a mobile yarn bowl and yes, you can make up containers with holes in the lid or a binder clip to pull the yarn through to avoid tangled messes, but nothing beats the real thing; trust me on that!  The bag is the perfect size and closes with a draw string.  It has an additional leather strap handle on the side for easy carrying or to hang it up while knitting. 
At $63 each it is something you may want to put on your wish list.  It is the perfect gift for any knitter. 
 
I fed scrap yarn through the sleeve stitches in the row before I had to join the body..

..this made it easy to just "drop" the underarm stitches and join the body in the following row.
I picked up the sleeve stitches onto two circular needles to knit them at the same time

To bind off the collar I used Elizabeth Zimmerman's Easy Sewn Bind-off for the just right and stretchy fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment