Monday, March 16, 2020

Sending love



I hope you are all keeping well.
Over the weekend I was reminded that not everyone uses Facebook and thus misses my frequent posts on my page.  I want to apologize to those of you who have not heard from me for quite a while.
Especially now at this time of social distancing , a new and approved, even encouraged way of interacting or rather not interacting, it is so important to reach out in other ways.
I came across these comforting and loving thoughts:
So sweetly said, so well put.
But especially we knitters and other fiber artists are all in all more tactile people who need the touch.
I am sending out my love to each of you, find some comfort in the knowledge that even though it may feel like it at times, you are not alone, there is a big community of fiber artists, yarn goddesses and gods and we will get through this time together.
Meanwhile touch that yummy soft hank of cashmere, be inspired by the feel of that silky smooth yarn perfect for a summer shawl. 
I came across this thought, too, which is funny and true.


But with all of this ,even if you do have to go through quarantine, don’t isolate yourself.
Stay in touch, do fun things and always dream of tomorrow when we can meet in person, show off to each other our new creations, hug and forge forward together into a future of one world of love.

Meanwhile there is one more thought I want to bring on the table.  If you are restraining from going outside, consider to continue supporting your small community.  The small family owned businesses hurt with the rapid decrease of foot traffic into their shops.  
I myself am working in one such shop, a local Five and Dime shop which has an amazing yarn selection with some hand dyed yarns by Leah Stickle herself.  AL Stickle variety shop in Rhinebeck has been run by the same family since 1946.
Presently it is run by the original owner’s grandson Matt Stickle and his wife Leah.
They are expanding their presence to the cyber world.  Every day you can find new items on their website.  Many of these are not sold in the shop. So, try it out today and check out their website before going to one of the resale giants like Amazon and in doing so you may make your community just a little more wholesome.  I am not speaking out against Amazon, but just want to make you aware that there are alternatives which may help the small business owners in your community.  Al Stickle is just one of them.https://alsticklevariety.com/

Let us do our part to heal this world of ours in more ways than one, one stitch at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment