Wednesday, August 12, 2020

#4CatBordhi

 


One of the knitting greats, Cat Bordhi, is battling cancer with such poise and grace that if I didn’t already admire her for all of her knitting wisdom , I would respect her “just” for that, but as it is she has given so much and still is giving wholeheartedly..

You may have already read her letter to the knitting community which includes this very lovely cowl pattern for free, but let me share her letter with you again ( click on the link for both the letter and the pattern):

A letter from Cat and the Rio Calina Cowl


I felt drawn to knit up the cowl and it became more than a knitting project, but my own journey to let go and to find my inner peace and drive with each bend of the cables.
No two of these cowls will look alike, just like each one of us has a different life path, as you place the cables seemingly randomly to your design and liking.
Here are some pictures of my cowl and a link to my project notes on ravelry which go a little more into depth:  Strickliese’s “Letting go
I hope to sit with Cat and knit and chat one day in the afterlife as I feel a kindred spirit.

Here is to Cat in gratitude, praying that her path will be smooth and gentle as she is.





2 comments:

  1. I was so sad to hear of Cat's illness. The link to the Rio Calina cowl is broken, so I was wondering if you could send it or post it on Ravelry?

    Thanks,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know.
      I am worried and fearing Cat is not doing well, but I have sent a message about the issue directly to her on her page. I hope to hear back and the pattern can be made available again for all of us.
      Sorry there is nothing more I can do as I don’t have a saved copy of the pattern.
      Be well.

      Delete