Friday, March 21, 2014

What's on my needles (week 9)

First of all my apologies for posting later in the week than usual, but I was very busy yesterday with my new pattern.  For five hours (!) I wrote, test knitted, wrote more and double checked.  I am now done with a rough draft which I will still need to proof read and add pictures to.
I also woke up with an idea of adding something  to the finished cowl :)

At the knitting garage at AL Stickle


The new space is awesome.  We have more room for classes and lessons and -not to forget- YARN!








Remember next weekend , March 29-30 , is the Hudson Valley Yarn Crawl.  The perfect time to check out the new space if you need an excuse ;) (click on the link for more information)


I will have a new class schedule out before then; promise!
Remember that private lessons, scheduled to suit you, are ongoing.

Meanwhile here is another finished project from the cabled headband class I gave a couple of weeks ago:
Liz finished the headband and her daughter modeled it.  It goes so perfectly well with her eyes that Liz may just have to make another headband :)



My WIP (work in progress) store sample, the Venomous Tentacula, is slowly growing.  It is a simple knit and shows off the yarn beautifully.


At Home

Lucky Socks


My husband's socks are on the back-burner; I just have to finish the cuff, but it is that boring phase of endless repetition and he does like a long cuff so I will just keep going until I run out of yarn.
He is leaving today to visit with his Mom for a couple of weeks and I know I will have the socks done by the time he gets back.  They will be a nice welcome home item.

Fortuna Fan's Baby Blanket

I started a baby blanket for my sister's younger son.  He and his wife are expecting their first child this August; a boy.  They asked for red and white as the colors.  They are the colors of Fortuna Duesseldorf, the soccer team they support.
I fretted about the color choice quite a bit because to me that seems to be the worst color combination with the red possibly bleeding into the white.  But I am now happily knitting a diagonal blanket in Cascade Aran.


Cowl

And then there is the cowl; for that see my notes above. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment