Thursday, April 24, 2014

What's on my needles (week 14)

At The Knitting Garage

I am finished knitting the "Kitty" sweater.  All that is left to do is the crochet edging and blocking and of course choosing and inserting a ribbon.  I have seen several ribbons in the front of the store which would look really nice.


I will most likely get the sweater finished at the store this Saturday; so come by if you want to see this project in process.
This Saturday morning I will also be starting the sock knitting sessions spread out over three weeks, but easily taken as individual classes.
There is still space in all three classes and if you sign up for all three, you get a 10% discount.
Each one of these classes are $30 for 1-2 and $25 for 3-4 participants; they usually run a little over one hour.
                                 
·        Saturday 4.26. Judy’s magic cast-on This is a favorite cast on for toe-up socks two at a time or individual.  You can use any sock weight yarn.
·         Saturday 5.3.  Fish Lips Kiss Heel  This is a simple and well-fitting heel construction everyone seems to be talking about.  This heel works for both cuff-down and toe-up socks as it is symmetrical!
·         Saturday 5.10. Jenny’s stretchy bind off  A good and popular bind off for your toe-up socks.
      Depending on time we will also go over some other stretchy bind-offs.
                          

 At Home 

Simple tank top re-done 

From this (photo 2009)...
...to this (photo 2014)
I am almost done re-knitting the tank top; just a couple more inches and the armhole borders.
 Yes, the original knit looks neater, but I still think that the re-knitting is worth it.
A couple of things I had to do to neaten the stitches:  I purled through the back-loop and I used a US #5 (originally  I had knitted on US #6).
I should have a picture of the completely finished piece by next week; ready to wear it  again this summer.


  Matt's all-in-one 

Although I have knitted a couple of rows now and then this has been mostly asleep:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment