Thursday, July 10, 2014

What's on my needles (week 25)

A shawl is born

First of all I want to let you know that I not only finished knitting up the shawl for the store and at home for myself, but I also finished writing the pattern (all seven pages of it).

Let the pictures speak for themselves:
This one was knitted in the Mirasol Nuna Fina for the Knitting Garage and measures 76" by 14":






I also knitted up the same pattern in a heavier silk yarn, the Lantern Moon Indochine.  I added beads in this shawl and it measures 49" by 11.5" after blocking.




 The pattern for this is available in my ravelry store: Doris Formby Designs
You can also find a link on this blog on the page "Original Designs Free and for sale".
The pattern is written for any weight yarn and with or without beads :)  Check it out!  I am curious to see who will knit this up next.

Saturday Class at the Knitting Garage

My sock knitting classes will continue with instructions on how to knit up the Fish Lips Kiss heel.  After you have done this once, you will see that it is an easy to remember heel construction which is knitted the same cuff down or toe up with no heel flap and no gussets, yet it gives a great fit.
I will teach you the technique on a sample; you do not need to bring a sock project.  If you sign up prior to the class I will e-mail you the pattern before, otherwise I will e-mail it to you after the Saturday class.
Here is my pair of socks which I started for the sock knitting classes.  I cast on last Saturday using Judy's magic cast-on and I knitted the FLK heel yesterday on one sock.  I have to stop myself from knitting the other heel as I will do that during the class.
I also want to mention that if ever you have a scheduling conflict, but want to take one of my Saturday morning classes, consider to take that class in a private lesson at your convenience.

Store Sample

I am presently knitting up a 14 "x 14" pillow cover as store sample.  I am knitting this project along with Jenn, Jill, Rachel and Suzanna who are taking the Tuesday beginner's class.  Sign up for the next session of beginner's knitting classes (four Tuesdays total) which starts Tuesday, July 29th and runs through August 19th.  It is a good excuse (if you need an excuse) to come in from the heat.

At Home

I finished the Market Bag as a gift for a friend, but will wait to give it away until after the Saturday Class on July 26.  So far I have two sign-ups, so if you are interested there is space for two more max.
I am calling this bag "Ready for the beach-bag".  It looks to me that it would perfectly let out any sand which comes in; pretty much like open sandals.


That's it for this week.  Be well my friends and HAPPY KNITTING!



No comments:

Post a Comment