Thursday, July 17, 2014

What's on my needles (week 26)

At The Knitting Garage

The candle Flame Shawl store sample


The shawl is displayed in the knitting garage.
Click here for the pattern:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/candle-flame-shawl-2

Store Sample

My latest store sample is a pillow cover I am knitting along with the beginners' knitting class Tuesday afternoons.  Last Tuesday Jenn learned cables!  She likes it so much that she wants to knit up a cabled scarf after her practice pieces. :)  Way to go, Jenn!

Saturday morning class

This Saturday we will be talking about s_t_r_e_t_c_h_y  bind offs.


At Home

A gift from Heaven

 

I started knitting a shawl with a special story behind it:
I remember my friend Marie ordering this shawl kit (# 40176) from knitpicks after we both had been oohhing and aahhing over the knitpicks catalog. She never got around making it and it was donated together with other yarns to the Tivoli library.
During the recent yarn sale fundraiser for the cancer center in Albany, NY  (see my posts from week 20 and week 21)  the kit re-surfaced and was given to me by the library director, Bonny. Somehow I feel that Marie wanted me to have this all along. 
After a false start with the wrong color I got about one third done with the first section, "rain".






No comments:

Post a Comment