Thursday, August 14, 2014

What's on my needles (week 30)

At The Knitting Garage

The Glacerie Shawl

I am plodding along on this shawl; just two more rows to go and then the edging.  By next week I should be blocking this and I think it will look very attractive in the store :)
As I said before:  This is a great pattern to use up any left-over light weight yarn for the accent colors.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At Home

I have not been knitting much at home; I spent some time sitting with my son who ius knitting me new fingerless mittens after his cat ate my last pair and knitting on the hood for Matthew's All-In -One. 
Other than that I re-did one summer top:

A 40 minute make-over

I made this tank top three years ago and although I like it , I have not been wearing it very much; mostly due to the fact that I don't like the large armholes.  They make me feel too exposed and I wear either another tank top underneath or something else over it.
This is how I changed it:
  • I picked up and knitted 64 stitches around each armhole on four US# 6 needles.  
  • Then I k2, p2 for five rows , then bound off loosely in pattern.
Voila, problem solved:

This is how it used to look (2011)
left armhole done, one more to go



and this is how it looks now :)










No comments:

Post a Comment