Thursday, August 28, 2014

What's on my needles (week 32)

Store Sample at The Knitting Garage

The Glacerie Shawl...

...came out beautiful if I may say so myself...Come by to see it "in person" at the shop and to pick up yarns to start your own :)








I started on a new Store sample in Blue Sky Alpaca Petites  "Windsor Mitts".
As summer is winding down, this is a good project to get ready for those chilly mornings when you want to wear something stylish to keep your hands warm.

I am offering a class on these on Saturday September 6th from 10:30 am to 12 noon and for those of you who rather come to a class while the children are at school, I will also give the same class on Wednesday September 10th from 10:30 am to 12 noon.  The class is $35 and includes the $8 pattern.  I will explain to you the "LT" stitch which gives this mitten the unique look and I will show you two methods of knitting in the round.  One is with DPN's and one with two circular needles.  Both are favorites of mine.  I will show you how to avoid getting the gap between needles with both methods.  When you look at any of my store samples you see a smooth even round of stitches.  How did I do that?  You will have to sign up prior for the Wednesday Class (as I am not usually in Rhinebeck on Wednesdays), but have the option to make a last minute decision and walk in for the Saturday Class.  However all classes are limited to four participants.
I will be posting the rest of the class schedule for this Fall shortly.

At Home

I finished knitting the shawl I dubbed "A Gift From Heaven" and it is soaking now in tepid water and "Soak" (a great no-rinse additive for blocking and washing your hand-knits).  I am looking forward to see this shawl blocked as you cannot see the lace work well right now.  Here is a "before"  picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment