Saturday, October 4, 2014

Greetings from North Carolina (week 37)

Hello y'all,



Carolina beaches are beautiful!



And so are the yarn shops in the area.
We have been staying in New Bern for the last week and I was happy to find a great yarn shop right in the historic district of the town across from Tryon Palace.  The Weaver's Webb is a store which has something for everyone.  Marilyn's shop is not only stocked with yarns for your knitting and crochet needs, but also everything you need for weaving and cross stitching and needlepoint.
The second time I walked into the store I heard a lot of laughter and fun going on during a class Marilyn was giving upstairs.


Well, knitters always have such an immediate connection with each other, right?!  I felt that with Peggy, the owner of The Salty Sheep and wish her shop wasn't quite so far away or she could come to the NY State Sheep and Wool Festival (perhaps one day ?!).
Peggy sells a wide variation of yarns in her shop including a yarn from the Hudson Valley by Jill Draper. It's a small world, isn't it?!


 I realize how lucky I am to be living in the Rhinebeck area, not only close to The Knitting Garage and Leah, but even working there and able to go to the country's biggest Sheep and Wool Festival!  :)

Now, what I bought at these stores and what I will be making, will be a story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment