Thursday, October 16, 2014

What's on my needles (week 38)

More about my road-trip

Some of you may have noticed that I did post a little bit about my week in North Carolina :) and the beautiful beaches and yarn shops there.  After that we spent some time in Georgia (the Golden Coast; St Mary, Jekyll Island etc) where I could not find a single yarn shop!  Nonetheless the area is very beautiful and the weather could not have been better.  
On our drive back to NY we did stop again on the Outer Banks and my favorite yarn shop there.
Normally Jeanne keeps "The Knitting Addiction" in Kitty Hawk closed on Mondays, but she could relate to my need to see her and met me at the shop.

Waiting for Jeanne I noticed my shawl matched her chairs:


It was nice to see Purl (or Pearl ; I am not sure of the spelling), the resident cat, and of course Jeanne again.

 

I will do a show and tell of the yarns I bought in a later post as this is a very busy week with the Sheep and Wool Festival coming up in Rhinebeck NY this weekend.

The Knitting Garage

Which brings me to making sure that you know that The Knitting Garage carries their own line of yarn now!  Check out this and all the other great yarns we carry.  This weekend promises to be a great opportunity to meet with other knitters from all over the world.  Yesterday we already had customers from Pennsylvania, Atlanta, Australia, New Zealand and Norway!



Projects I worked on during my trip

I took a bit of a break from knitting during my trip and read and listened to audio books instead.
I spent some time knitting my husband's socks:

I finished his hat:
 It looks good on both of us! :)

And I finished my son's scarf/hat/pocket "All-In-One"

Please note that you can click on the links for more detailed information about each one of these knitting projects such as which pattern or which yarn I used :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment