Friday, January 23, 2015

What's on my needles (week 49)

At The Knitting Garage

Monday Night Knitting Group

We had a wonderful first knitting group meeting last Monday night.  Come, join in the fun.  This is open to everyone every Monday 6-8pm.
You may want to start your Building Blocks knit-along during the Monday night group or start or finish any project you desire; we are here to help if you need it. :) Click on the link for more information on the knit-along.

Candle Flame Shawl

I am making some progress on the Candle Flame shawl for the store, but have also started on another project:

Yarn-bombing

Sometimes it is fun to just knit free-form, not following a pattern, but just making it up as I go and I started making our store look more like a knit shop by yarn bombing some of the handles etc.  Feel free to help!  I didn't get far yet, but further than shown here.  These are the beginnings of a cover for the door handle.  I started by using Judy's magic cast-on (click on the link), just as I would for toe-up socks to knit up a pocket style cover with no seams.


At Home

Hats


From left to right: Tivoli Hat, Snow Bowl Hat and Hat of Soft Cables.
After finishing my third hat this month, I started on some smaller projects.

Tea Toters

My first of what I hope to be several tea totes for my tea toting tee-totaling friends.
Finding the perfect button (of course at AL Stickles!) is half the fun.
This is a free pattern on ravelry.






Valentine's Garland

I started making Valentines Hearts to hang up as a garland to break up the winter calm next month with some "happy".




As always, don't forget to click on the project links for more detailed information.

No comments:

Post a Comment