Thursday, January 15, 2015

What's on my needles (week 48)

At The Knitting Garage

 

I am working on a new Candle Flame Shawl to replace the store sample which is nowhere to be found.  I am knitting it up in the same yarn, Nuna Fina, because its drape really brings out the beauty of the design.  This time I choose a darker color.  I am planning to knit up a slightly smaller version with just one skein of the yarn.  So, probably about seven increase section, a couple of "flat" and then seven decrease pattern repeats.
A lot is happening at The Knitting Garage this year.  The store is staying open later on Monday nights and twice a month on Fridays.  Check out these Knitting Garage sites for more details:  https://www.facebook.com/KnittingGarageAtStickles and here http://www.knittinggarage.com/


At Home


 

After finishing the Scarf-in-a-scarf , which came out nicer than I feared, I decided to start the new year with teating myself to a couple of new hats.


After finishing the Tivoli Hat, I started and finished this Snow Bowl Hat.
 


I had the beautiful Madeline Tosh DK weight yarn in my stash.  I had bought it from the clearance bin at The Knitting Garage, because it is one of my favorite shades of Green and I had another green yarn which I am not sure what it is, but when doubled with the Tosh I got the right gauge :)

Now I am knitting up another hat in Manos Classica.  The pattern has just a hint of cabling.  The original pattern is written to be worked flat, but I prefer working in the round and have written some notes on that in my project notes on ravelry : Cabled Hat

Remember to click on the project names for more detailed information.

No comments:

Post a Comment