Thursday, January 8, 2015

What's on my needles (week 47)

So, I have some catching up to do...

 

At The Knitting Garage

After finishing the Downton Hat,  I made a quick cowl out of the  beautiful HIkoo silk and Merino blend yarn.  This cowl was knitted with just one skein and you can find the instuctions in my pattern notes on ravelry:  Quick and simple Cowl 


 I also knitted up this Tivoli Hat in the beautiful Cascade Tivoli yarn which is a Silk and Merino blend.  The pattern is free on line and you can get to it by clicking on this link:  Tivoli Hat which takes you to my pattern notes and from there to the Cascade Yarns site.
I liked the hat so much (and I live in Tivoli) that I made one for myself:


At Home

A few days before Christmas I started on a hat for my son Richard and I wasn't sure how it would come out.  It came out so nice that I would definitely knit up this pattern again.  The pattern is called Marsan Watchcap by Staceyjoy Elkin.  I knitted it up in Cascade 220 superwash and made a few minor changes to make it fit a rather large head ;)  You can see more in my pattern notes and you can also get to the free pattern from here:  Marsan Watchcap
Here are a few pictures showing the hat when my husband modeled it for me a day before Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment