Friday, May 15, 2015

What's on my needles (week 63)

At The Knitting Garage

The Building Block blanket is almost done.  With the last square knitted up and most of the seams finished.   One final seam will take no time at all on Sunday.
Block #9 is done :)
 
Our blanket is very colorful
Along the way we were a little worried how it will seam together, since the squares were not knitted by the same person and the gauge is different.  But once it was seamed together it all worked out well as the number of rows is the important factor when using the mattress stitch :) and that number is the same in all of the squares.

We would love to see how you are coming along with your blanket.  You could bring it in to one of our Monday night knit nights to show off your squares.
.
Fun knit time last Monday

Remember we have knit night from 6-8pm every Monday.  You can also just drop in briefly to buy yarns or anything else from the shop.  The evening hours should accommodate all of you working Moms (and Dads). 


At Home

Chevron Baby Blanket

 

I finished the Chevron Baby blanket for my grand-niece who is due to make her appearance this summer. 
I had enough yarn left over to make her a bonnet.  When I saw little Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana coming out of hospital I had a very close look at the blanket (a simple lace stitch blanket) and head-wear (a garter stitch and cable bonnet) and decided that my nephew's baby should have a bonnet, too.
Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

When I looked for a pattern, I came across the Little Shell Lace Baby Bonnet by Dawn Adcock.  It uses the same weight yarn I had used for the blanket (worsted) and is a free pattern.  It took me just a few hours to finish and I think it looks very sweet.

at one point I was worried that I had not enough yarn, but it was plenty!

Just needs a ribbon (from A L Stickle!)

I can't wait to see pictures of my grand-niece wearing this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment