Thursday, August 27, 2015

What's on my needles (week 78)

It occurred to me that we have just four months left till Christmas and Hanukkah!!!  

Soooo, I finished two quick projects:

..one is the Block Island Gansey Hat which took less than a week:

Click here for my project notes

This is the link to the kit (yarn, pattern, project bag and part of the proceeds go to SCI):
http://www.northlightfibers.com/seamens-church-institute-sci-block-island-gansey-hat-kit-designed-by-deborah-newton
North Light Fibers will be at the S&W Festival and might also come to The Knitting Garage (we are working on that, so stay tuned!)

..the other one is a cowl in the same colors as the earrings I had made the week before (as they were well received).  The cowl is knitted up in the Madeline Tosh A.S.A.P. and took ONE DAY!!!

Click here for my project notes
The pattern by Antonia Shankland is aptly named "Speed Demon Cowl".  Here is the link to the pattern which you can purchase on line for 6.00 USD  (you have to be logged into ravelry):  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/speed-demon-cowl 
You can also buy the pdf at The Knitting Garage if you don't want to buy it directly from ravelry.  That way you can pick out the yarn at the same time.  I just found out that you can print (in color!) at the UPS store on Rte 9.
I made this one with just two skeins and think it is plenty big enough.  With so many pretty colors you will have a hard time choosing which color combination to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment