Thursday, August 20, 2015

What's on my needles (week 77)

Last week I was using quite a different type of needle:  A Beading Needle!

I made two pairs of earrings for gifts.  This is still a bit faster than knitting a gift :)
I made this pair for my son's girlfriend; partially to see if she likes the color combination.  Next on my list for her is to make a cowl in Madeline Tosh ASAP in those two colors :)

These came out quite nicely
one half done, working on the second half
Another pair for my colleague :)
It was fun to get the right beads aligned...

...and to be working with Swarovski Crystals (the yellow and orange)

Julie liked them so much that she put them on right away

 But I also used my knitting needles

I finished the "Yes Checks" hat for The Knitting Garage.  Already three customers started on their own "Yes Checks" hats.  This is a quick and hip knit; a free pattern designed by Stephen West specifically written for the beautiful Hedgehog Yarn from Ireland.  Click here for the free pattern on ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/yes-checks
My Pattern notes


 It is such a quick knit that one of our customers already finished hers!!



So pretty in the color "Budgie"...

..in 8 x8 checks :)

At Home I finished the sleeves for my Featherweight Cardigan.  I am leaving the last step (Knitting the collar) until our road trip, because this will be an easy one to do.

Click here for my pattern notes

I cast on the Block Island Guernsey hat.  I had to enlarge the chart, but now it is going to be quick to the finish.

Click here for my pattern notes

   

No comments:

Post a Comment