Friday, August 14, 2015

What's on my needles (week 76)

Yippee!

I am so thrilled to see one of my patterns knitted up and finished by one of our customers!!!
Eileen knitted up my pattern "Knot Your Average Shrug" (click on the link to get to the pattern page).  She used about 2 1/3 skeins of Lana Grossa Aria which is a 100% cotton Dk weight yarn and comes in many pretty colors. It is a "tape" yarn and has a nice weight giving the finished project a good drape. You can buy the yarn at the Knitting Garage in Rhinebeck!  Eileen used a US# 10.5 needle to create a loose fabric.  She cast on 50 stitches and choose to knit in a simple ribbing (k1, p1) rather than the more intricate pattern which would not have shown up well in this yarn.  She loves her finished shrug and I am so happy to share pictures with you. I have sold the pattern to several knitters, but this is the first finished shrug I see.  I am happy she took me up on the challenge to knit this in a different yarn; it looks sooo pretty!!  See for yourselves:


Eileen seamed the two ends together in the back.  You can also join them in kitchener stitch

















This yarn comes in many beautiful colors!

My other bit of exciting news this week:

When I received the "Cast on" magazine in the mail this Monday I noticed an article about "North Light Fibers" on Block Island.  I was there just a few weeks ago!!! Check out my post from two weeks ago:  What's on my needles (week 74)
That's me in front of North Light Fibers
My husband very proudly said: "See, I take you to places which are "in" before they are even "in"!"



I hope you all have a wonderful week of summer knitting fun and everything connected to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment