Thursday, October 22, 2015

What's on my needles (week 86)

I hope everybody who could be in Rhinebeck this past weekend, thoroughly enjoyed themselves at the NY Sheep & Wool Festival. 

Here are some of my impressions:

 

Sven Risom from North Light Fibers is giving a talk at the Knitting Garage

Check out the SCI kits at the shop featuring their Ocean Avenue yarn.






The shop was packed during the extended hours on Friday; an additional draw was the 10% off all yarns
Saturday at The Knitting Garage

We also had door prizes: 2nd prize
1st prize
3rd prize

 


On Sunday we went through all kinds of weather:  From sunshine to snow and back to sunshine several times around .  It made me want to knit something warm very quickly.

Leah Stickle's "Go Monkey Design" booth with her amazing hand-sewn project bags (my personal favorite bags to use!)



 
North Light Fibers (Sven is sporting the Block Island Hat in orange)



For those who don't knit, there were plenty of finished items to see and buy


As my husband is part Welsh, I am always drawn to this booth

Sheepdogs are awesome!

I also came across two demonstrations.  One on Sock Knitting on a Knitting machine and another one of someone spinning :)  Click to open the videos and enjoy!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment