Thursday, October 29, 2015

What's on my needles (week 87)

Before anything else I want to stop and remember Margrit from Morehouse Farms who gave so much to our fiber community.  

She passed away this week and will be missed by many.  Here is a link to their newsletter: http://mail-dog.com/page.html?p=0000015Fu8vj7oAT4s0QaEieIptqiHfyF8&email=Debbieduck1223@gmail.com

 

CABLES * CABLES * CABLES * CABLES * CABLES

I seem to be completely hung up on cables; you could say I am on a cable binge ;)  !


Block Island Hat 


Looking back, I can see that it all started with the beautiful Block Island Hat which I made last August.
Remember, we sell the kits at The Knitting Garage in Rhinebeck and I am giving a class on this especially for those of you who have not worked from a chart before.  You can take the class on Wednesday November 18th or Saturday November 21st  (10am to 12 noon on both days).

 
click here for more information and project notes:  Gansey Hat

Idlewild


After I finished the hat I went on to knitting cables in the Idlewild Tunic.
I wore the tunic on one of the days during the S&W weekend.  It is very  comfortable :)!

Click here for my Idlewild

And as soon as the Idlewild was finished I cast on another TWO projects which have cables:

 Tullamore Cardigan 


The Tullamore cardigan  and the Elementary Watson Socks for Tony.
I also could not resist buying an Aran Cabled Cardigan from Ireland at The Clothes Tree in Rhinebeck.
I am wearing the bought cardigan while working on the Tullamore
                                                                    
Click here for more information on the Tullamore: http://ravel.me/Strickliese/tc


With the back all done, I cast on the sleeves which I will be working two at the same time.











 

 

 

Elementary Watson Socks


And although I had said "never again" after knitting cabled socks for Tony two years ago, I am now working on a pair for him with cables.  

you can't really see all the pretty cables on these :http://ravel.me/Strickliese/tma
 This time I am using a solid color so the pattern can actually be seen and appreciated.  
The yarn which I found in the clearance bin at Stickles (quite a treasure trove!) has 10% cashmere (!!!) in it.  It is the Anzula Squishy (80% Merino, 10% Cashmere and 10% Nylon).  
I feel that such a nice yarn deserves to be knitted up in a special pattern. Since my husband and I both enjoy "Sherlock Holmes", I decided on the "Elementary Watson" socks.  This is a free pattern on ravelry.
Click here for more project information: http://ravel.me/Strickliese/ews
I doubled the yarn with reinforcing yarn for the toes

first chart repeat done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment