Friday, April 15, 2016

Spruce up your home

With Coasters!!!

What's on my needles (week 109) 

I wanted a quick and fun project and thought about how to improve one of our every day household items.
  • We use coasters all the time and have very pretty ones; even a set of coasters with scenes from Formby, UK.   BUT so often they stick to the wet underside of the cup, then fall off.
  •  So, I thought to myself:  what better way to improve life than knitting a set of coasters.
 I decided on using Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton in the colors Ecru, Country Green and Guacamole.  The last one is a multi color yarn.  
And I decided on using a different pattern for each coaster.  Some are knitted and some are crochet and none take longer than a few hours max. (Instant gratification!!!)

I found the first pattern in the latest issue of Interweave Knits (Spring 2016), I found others on ravelry and others still are actually dishcloth patterns which I adjusted to a smaller size.  All coasters are approximately 5" in diameter.  Find the link to my ravelry notes and from there to the pattern underneath each picture.

Let me know if you have a favorite dishcloth or coaster pattern.  I am looking to expand my collection to be ready for a larger gathering :)
 
Park Lane Coaster
Super Fast Coaster

The almost Lost Coaster
Spring Flower Dishcloth

I-Cord Coaster

Yet Another Coaster


 

No comments:

Post a Comment