Friday, November 18, 2016

What's on my needles??? (week #122 )

Pssst,...it's a secret

With all the holiday knitting going on right now,  I cannot really share what I am working on , but I can tell you about the shop sample I am knitting up:

The Building Blocks Shawl by Stephen West 

(click on the link for the pattern)

I am only working on this while I am at the shop, so it will take a while, but I can tell you that this is a fun and easy knit while at the same time a shawl construction different from anything I have knitted before.
I am really happy with the four yarns I choose and with the way they blend together at times and contrast each other in other sections.  Each yarn will have their moment to "shine" as each yarn will be knitted at some time in a larger amount and  be shown off in its full beauty in different sections :)
My yarn choices: 
Color A:  Knitting Garage Fingering Weight Yarn color "Purple Pop"
Color B: Madeline Tosh Twist Light color "Flashdance"
Color C : Hedgehog Fibers Sock color "Aroma"
Color D : Madeline Tosh Light color "Sand Dune"


Humble beginnings...actually I am a bit further than that; may add a photo after Saturday :)

And here you are Sat. 11.19. (a few more rows)

I am almost finished with the "week 1 clues".  
Here is a link to my pattern notes on ravelry: Strickliese's Building Block Shawl, but here is also a picture of a finished shawl knitted by someone else (Francieos on ravelry).
One of the many color combinations knitters have come up with and finished.
Also a quick word about my classes:
There are spots available in all of my classes.  I want to apologize to anyone who emailed me and did not get a response.  I have had problems with my email, bundling emails so they do not appear to be new responses or even filing them in spam.  It seems to be all sorted now, but if you don't hear from me within a day or two, please email or text again.  Thank you!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment