Friday, January 27, 2017

Stuff happens... in my knitting life (post 126)

Sometimes things happen with no or at least no conscious effort on one's own part.  And when those are good and happy things, the world seems right and I feel like I am at the right balance with the Universe.  Everything resonates without discords.

Two such things happened to me during the past two weeks (at least).
  • For one, I knitted a linen vest effortlessly incorporating my own vision of it ( I wanted it longer, less bulk around the neck, some short rows in the back...).  I tweaked a pattern I had previously used for a store sample Design 9+10 by Magdalena Neuer from the pamphlet "Lana Grossa Olympia Classic". This is how the store sample vest  which I had knitted at the time, looks like: 

I am pleased to say that the end result of my new vest knitted in Shibui Linen is just like I envisioned it and I am very pleased and looking forward to wear the vest come Summer.

My Linen Vest on ravelry
Sometimes it really is nice to "just go for it" and follow your intuition like I did previously, too, with the blanket for my sister and also the bar stool cover for the shop.
Blanket

Stool Cover

  • The other thing was a total surprise.  I woke up Sunday morning to a message that my Facebook page "Knit With Doris/ Discover Your Inner Knitter" was tagged by a post from Titlili's Facebook page "Les reas de Tit'Lili".  At closer inspection, I saw that Titlili had translated my Candle Flame Scarf pattern into French!  This is a free pattern I had written some years back.  This made me very happy; what a spectacular nice thing of her to do!! 
I will be adding the translation to the pattern on ravelry shortly (perhaps I have already done so by the time you will read this post).  Here is the link to the pattern in my ravelry store:  Candle Flame Scarf.

Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment