Friday, February 24, 2017

Socks and Summer Tops (128)

This is going to be a little brief as I am working from a different device but just have to share with you about my latest knitting adventures.

Socks

I just finished these socks for my husband, playing around a little with color.  These are knitted up again in CoBaSi, a yarn which wears really well; the cotton/Bamboo/Linen blend feels lovely on his feet.  Tony had picked out the gray and I added red which I had left over from a previous pair of socks for the toes and the heel.  In the end I decided to add a little in the final cuff ribbing.  Here is a link to my notes on ravelry:http://ravel.me/Strickliese/flkh7

Summer top

I am also working on a Summer top.  In my desire to use up stash yarn, I am combining two lace weight yarns to have a heavier fingering weight to use for the Ceasura Tuck by Asa Tricosa. The yarns are Artesano Silk Lace which I had bought in the little wool shop in Formby (UK) two years ago and the Juniper Moon Farm Findley.
I started on this last week during one of the snow storms and it turned out to be the perfect project to sink my teeth in and learn a few new tricks while thinking of Summer and the warmer weather.
One problem I ran into is that you have to decide pretty much in the beginning whether or not you want a deeper neckline.  I added two inches in depth and have second thoughts about it now.  I put lifelines in the rows I definitely want to keep and am deciding if I want to cut , unravel and then Kitchener stitch.
It is a really nice pattern but I thought the neckline was a little too high and you are given choices in the pattern.
One thing I am certain of is that I will not unravel everything and re-start...
Again, here are more extensive notes and you can follow my progress on ravelry.
http://ravel.me/Strickliese/ct

Until next time; hopefully by then my computer is running properly again and I don't have to borrow my husband's laptop.

2.28. UPDATE:  I worked the left front and joined the left and right fronts, then tried it on and I am very pleased to say that the neckline comes to just below my collar bones which is a perfect fit :)  So, no more fretting, but I am just happily continuing (of course there is still the issue of whether or not I need bigger armholes...).   And on another issue: yes, my PC works fine again ! :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment