Thursday, February 6, 2014

What's on my needles (week 3)

At The Knitting Garage at AL Stickle

I am making strides knitting up the Fortune's Wheel.  I am almost done with the mohair section and ready to join my next yarn.  With 25 stitches now between each marker I am also close to the armholes (at 30 stitches between the makers).  I just transferred the project onto a longer cable so the progress is easier visible :)

At Home

I finished the Culebra shawlette.  I am glad about the warning that I may run out of yarn.  I made the following changes and had just enough left to finish the shawl.
Set up rows for short rows: k163, turn, k19, turn
Then I followed the instructions k2tog, k3 until I had 60 stitches left on either side of the center stitch. I k2tog, k4 until I had 30 stitches left on either side of the center stitch and k2tog, k5. I also bound off right away instead of knitting one more row and then binding off. The bind off in this pattern eats up a lot of yarn and I could have done a regular bind off if needed, but it is a pretty bind of. My changes hardly effect the overall look and made a difference to the amount of yarn used.



When I had nothing to work on during Superbowl I knitted up a quick cowl.  I came out nice, especially since it is knitted up in the very soft Techno by Blue Sky Alpaca.  The pattern name is "Easy Cable Cowl" by Michelle Miller.  Now I just have to figure out who this could be for (I certainly have enough cowls).




Well, this was so quickly knit up that I found myself without a project to work on again during the winter storm Nika.  So, yesterday I started on the "Owl" sweater by Kate Davies.  You can read my project notes for more information.  This should be a very quick knit since it is done on US# 10.5 needles.  I am planning to not sew on any eyes on the owls or perhaps just on one owl left of front center; we'll see.  The yarn is wonderful to work with and I wish I could wear the sweater now already (it is 25 F outside).


No comments:

Post a Comment