Thursday, November 13, 2014

What's on my needles (week 42)

At the Knitting Garage

The Sophie Bag 

My store sample is coming along nicely.  I am more than half done with the knitting. For the main body of the bag I am alternating between Cascade 220 and Noro Kureyon as both are good yarns for felting.  The striping should look real pretty when it is felted!  I also decided to sew on leather handles rather than knitting straps.  We have some very nice ones at the store.  What better way to show them off than in a store sample?!





Don't forget:  If you want to get started on your own Sophie bag, you can do so in my class on November 22nd or December 3rd.


At Home

I really should not have started on the scarf in a scarf project last week, since now it is yet another project on the back-burner as I switched gears and started on my gift giving projects.  However once in a while I remember that silky luxurious feel of the yarn and am looking forward to pick it up again in another six weeks or so :)

Christmas surprise socks

Since I am using these for demonstration purposes in my sock knitting class, I have to pace myself a little with these.  Before the second class this Saturday I will need to have knitted both cuffs the same length and have one heel flap completed. That should not be a problem since I almost finished one heel flap last night.

working the two socks in tandem on two sets of DPN's

one heel flap is almost done

Another pair of road trip socks

I am pacing myself with these, too, but for another reason.  I want them to be finished for Christmas and I know that if they are done much earlier I am tempted to give them to Tony already. This should not be too much of a problem since there are several other projects in the making.
the cuffs are almost the right length on these two at the time toe-up socks knitted on 2 circular needles

Susie Rogers' reading Mitts

I just started these yesterday in Cascade Sport weight super wash yarn in the same color as a moebius I had made last year, so I am making a set little by little...
The pattern is free on ravelry.  You can click on the link above to get to the pattern.
These mitts are a quick knit.with just enough interest to make the mittens stand out. They should be the perfect gift.
I am knitting these on one circular needle using the magic loop method.
These are a few changes I made:
  • I am making them shorter and only knitted another nine knit rows after the lace pattern before starting the thumb gussets.
  • I worked the increases for the thumb gussets as M1R and M1L for a neater look. Here is a good video by Knit Purl Hunter to see the difference: M1L, M1R
  • I am following the advice of some fellow ravellers and am knitting the thumb in the medium size.

the first eyelet row will be the turning row for the picot hem

I worked the thumb gussets as M1R and M1L

 One mitten is done, just one more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment