Thursday, January 14, 2016

What's on my needles (week 98)

Don't miss the Vogue Knitting Show in NY city this weekend

At the NY Marriot Marquis in the <3 of Times Square 

Leah Stickle (owner of "The Knitting Garage at Stickles") will be at booth 415.

Leah has been sewing non-stop and from what I hear the result is awesome:  A lot of project bags, some with unusual design and fabric.


Between Julie, Julibeth and myself, we also just finished a poncho as a sample for the show.  It is the Easy Folded Churchmouse pattern, but striped in the beautiful Acadia Yarn by The Fibre Company!  You will be able to buy a kit which has the pattern and yarn.  This is a great project for even the beginner knitter and with the added striping it won't be a boring knit even for the advanced knitter.
The poncho is knitted up in light grey...
...with two accent colors
très chic !


These are just a few of the things you will be able to see at booth 415;  stop by to say hello and check it out :)


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aurita Shawl

I finished the Aurita Shawl for my friend yesterday and am even more pleased with it than with my own.
I used the Madeline Tosh Sock yarn which gives a different feel  to the shawl.  The yarn adds a little weight , has great stitch definition ( it is spun in a tight twist) and has a bit of a sheen; lovely drape, too.  I will definitely keep this yarn in mind for future projects.
And the pattern really is easy to remember!  Here is the link again to the pattern:  Aurita by Susanna IC

Click here for my pattern notes on ravelry:  AURITA


A close-up of the beaded lace edging


4 comments:

  1. Doris, BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can not wait to see it in person! You are amazing and I continue to be in AWE of what you make with a ball of yarn and two knitting needles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uhoh, you were not supposed to see it here, but that's OK. The pictures don't really give it justice. It really is more beautiful "in person" and I think it is mostly because it is such nice yarn. Anyway, I think you can do with a little "pick-me-up" ....I am just sorry it took me so long <3

      Delete
  2. Doris, BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can not wait to see it in person! You are amazing and I continue to be in AWE of what you make with a ball of yarn and two knitting needles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our "delivery service" was not in operation today; sorry you will need to wait till next week :)

      Delete