Friday, October 2, 2015

What's on my needles (week 83)

Just two more weeks to the NY Sheep and Wool Festival

...and we have exciting news for you:

North Light Fibers will come 
                                                to The Knitting Garage at Stickles on Friday October 16th in the afternoon! 

We will post more details as it gets closer to the date. 
You may remember my trip to  Block Island and how I stumbled over the fact that it is home to North Light Fiber's micro mill and all which that entails (post from July 30th: http://knitwithdoris.blogspot.com/2015/07/whats-on-my-needles-week-74.html)

Sven Risom will give a short talk and will be there to answer any questions.  
You may remember the beautiful hat which came in a kit and which I have been wearing during the past few chilly days (Originally it was supposed to be a gift, but I could not resist putting it on and it does keep me warm and feels oh so soft!  I am definitely going to keep it.)

Block Island Gansey Hat
 
I am kept warm, dry and fashionable during my morning walk

 If you want to pre-order your SCI Gansey Hat kit, let us know and we will be sure to put one aside for you at The Knitting Garage. You can choose from four colors:  Deep Blue Sea, Maritime Green, Red Right Return and Rescue Orange.  The complete kit (yarn, pattern and project bag) costs $ 35; this includes your donation to SCI.
These make great gifts either as a kit to your knitterly friends or ready knitted up.  
It took me just under one week to knit the hat; a quick and fun knit.


My other bit of exciting news:

Yesterday I received my 100th like on my facebook page!!!
Thank you, Sue Harris Morris!!! True to my word she will be receiving a small gift (some stitch markers I made myself).
Here is a link to get to my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Knit-With-Doris-Discover-Your-Inner-Knitter-575533785859817/timeline/


So, this is all for today. Now, let me get back to my knitting so I can finish my Idlewild tunic. All I have left to do is a few more short-rows on the front left shoulder , the seaming , ribbing around the neck and cuffs and blocking and then I CAN WEAR IT :)

I separated the front and back unto two sets of needles

I marked all target stitches for the short rows

The back is all done!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment